Coral Sea Marina Resort Lantern Parade xxDate: 02/08/2019
Time: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Great Barrier Reef Festival off to an illuminating start
The Coral Sea Marina Resort are partnering with the Great Barrier Reef Festival to bring a new event to the program for 2019.
Departing from the Garden Bar, the Coral Sea Marina Resort Lantern Parade will bring a sea of light along the Bicentennial Boardwalk, past Sorrento’s Restaurant and Bar and down onto the foreshore in time for the Whitsunday Coast Airport fireworks by the Foreshore to burst into action overhead.
Sorrento Restaurant and Bar will be open for business and is a perfect spot to cheer on the Parade if you are not joining in. Also a great viewing spot for the fireworks if you don’t want to join the hustle and bustle on the foreshore.
Two lantern-making workshops will be held prior to the event, hosted by the festival and marina teams. Adults and kids can join in and make their own Lanterns at:
- 24 July – Adult workshop at Lure (6-8 pm) – come along and join in the creative fun with local artists Anita Pender and Liz Knight
- free glass of bubbles on arrival
- Cheese platters available to order from the Garden Bar
- 28 July – Cannonvale State School Fete – bring the kids and have some fun building your own lantern for the parade. Materials and LED light are supplied. A gold coin donation is all that’s required to participate.
Don’t have the time or the creativity to create your own – there will be ready-made lanterns available for purchase on the night.
Coral Sea Marina Resort Lantern Parade
|4.30 – 5.00 pm||Meet at Garden Bar @ Coral Sea Marina Resort
Pop-up bar open and lantern stall
|5.45 pm||Judging of Lanterns and prize presentation|
|6.00 pm||Depart Garden Bar for Lantern Parade through Coral Sea Marina, along boardwalk to the Airlie Beach foreshore|
|8 pm||Fireworks on the Foreshore|
Prizes will be available for best Lanterns on the night for the most colourful and the most creative:
- Adult Prizes
- 1st Prize – Swim and lunch for 2, at Clipper Restaurant, Coral Sea Resort
- 2nd Prize – $50 voucher for the Garden Bar & Bistro
- Kids Prizes – 3 x kids meal with gelato at Garden Bar & Bistro
Registration for the events are free